The Volusia County Historic Courthouse was completed in 1929. It was constructed with a copper-clad dome and belfry which is adorned with beautiful stained-glass windows. The historic Courthouse is no longer used as an actual courthouse, but is now used for county offices and is a participant of the Art in Public Places program which features works by local artists. The Courthouse is home to a series of oil paintings, titled Legendary Florida, that vividly and realistically illustrate the story of Florida’s eventful past. Plaques mounted beneath each painting inform viewers of who, where, and what the paintings are about. Tours are available upon request. Admission is free.
Last modified: August 16th, 2018